I often have trouble with a CF card in the reader. But in my case simply
pulling out the USB cable for a second and plugging it back into the
reader causes the drive to appear in a window immediately. But if the
reader is in the PC case this may not be a practical solution.

Don

--
Dr E D F Williams
www.kolumbus.fi/mimosa/