Well, yes, good point.

But I was referring to the point of view of Nativists
who claim to be "true Americans," vis-a-vis their
fellow immigrants. The idea that it's "those others"
that endager "us" rather than the point of view of
true Native Americans (to whom all whites were a
threat) which is what you describe. Nativism is,
paridoxically, a construct that doesn't apply to them
since it describes only those who tout a dubious claim
of originality.

-Brendan