Well, I'll need to go back and see if I can improve.

One interesting aspect to this discussion is what you have termed
'ordinary' - the reason I say this is because of what each of us
perceive.  The location that you live has a lot to do with what
ordinary things are.

I have some friends who grew up in the heart of the redwood groves up
near Eureka, CA.  So everyday, they live and played among those giant
trees.  When I go up there to see them, they are anything but ordinary
to me.  A recent trip we were making up there, I mentioned to them we
would be going up to see the trees.  They responded "why would you
want to go there, it's just a bunch of trees" - I had to chuckle.

You live in the Bay area which is much more heavily populated than
where I live.  The area that I photographed, didn't have any of these
things here a few years ago.  So for me, it was quite extraordinary to
view the area now.  There are houses and roads where there use to be
fields and streams.

I do appreciate the comments you have made - they are very valid.

--
Best regards,
Bruce