On 10/01/07, Shel Belinkoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> What does that mean?  Sensible limits equates to what, especially relative
> to using a good, solid tripod?

The 1/FL suggestion is a decent guide plus I can pretty much always
tell when I'm not as steady as I could be, lack of sleep, physical
tiredness (long walk perhaps), caffeine in my system, low blood sugar
all contribute make me a little less stable.

> Personally, when trying to get the most from my camera, I always use a
> t'pod, but I've found that in my dotage I'm just not as steady as I once
> was.  Perhaps I should make a couple of comparison shots, with and without
> the 'pod just to see what, if any, difference there is.  Perhaps I'm
> underestimating myself.

Test it out, you may be surprised (just pixel peep some recent DSLR
images where you know you've used a high resolution lens and mid-range
aperture). Of course the type of camera can make a difference also, as
my Mamiya 7 uses in-lens leaf shutters it's got zero back-lash however
the Pentax DSLRs are also very low vibration, those APS sensors and
little reflex mirrors are good for something :-)

--
Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA