It's nothing to do with Windows.

The Mac version will probably be a command-line (shell)
program, and will need to be run from a command prompt,
just like the Windows version, and just like the version
for Linux.

If you're not happy with command-line utilities, and
expect everything to run with a GUI, then perhaps this
isn't the utility for you.