From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: den 18 september 2001 18:22
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Battery Pack FG

(Augustine is wondering whether the FG battery pack is worth its price.)

Value for money depends on how much you pay for it.  Here in the UK, the FG
pack retails for the equivalent of about USD 110, a crazy price for a
plastic box with a prong on one end, whatever it does for the feel of the
camera.
I was fortunate that a US-based friend happened to be travelling this way
last year, so she brought me one from B&H in NYC for about USD 25 - still a
lot for a plastic box with a prong on one end, but almost reasonable by
comparison.

And yes, although the 'nude' -5n never felt bad in my hands, it feels better
with the FG attached.  Whether it'll save me any money on batteries is
questionable - almost a year on, I'm still on the first set of AAs I put in
it.  If you're a moderate user, like me, you might save more by finding a
cheaper source of lithium batteries - the mark-up in the High Street is
huge.

Hope that's some help,
Clive.