> The last time this subject came up somebody posted a link to a site
> that showed test results for several SD and SDHC cards, including
> the Transcend 2GB & 4GB cards.

That would be:
http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/multi_page.asp?cid=6007

>  The 2GB Transcend 150x card managed
> 149x sustained read transfer rate (so, Boris, while it might just fall
> short of the 150x figures, it's certainly a lot better than 120x :-),
> but only about half that for write speed.  The Sandisk cards were
> also slower on read than on write, but not by a factor of two.

Indeed.  Despite being only 133x (in thery, not SanDisk don't really use
this terminology with these cards), the Extreme IIIs typically write faster
than most other things out there.

Certainly compared to Godder's write tests on his 150x, my own impression of
my Extreme IIIs is that they are noticably quicker again.

Also interesting (I think I mentioned this last time) is how much quicker
the K10D write speeds are than any of the other cameras tested on that page
(C/N stuff).  He used to have the *istD up there, but it was removed at some
point (results got too old I think, he didn't have one for testing).
Probably for the best, it was downright embarrasing.

Perhaps if he got enough requests, he would do a K10D test.

- Peter