The kit lens is relatively worthless, due to the number available.
Put it on the shelf for the day you sell the camera. If you already
own a wide lens, like the DA 14/2.8 or the A 15/3.5, you're probably
okay for the most part. if you don't, you may want to add the DA
12-24/4. If that's too pricey, the DA 16-45 is a nice lens as well.
As far as I'm concerned,  bulk is irrelevant. Image quality is all
that matters.
Paul