Ah, enablement.  When I joined the list almost two years ago I had two
Pentax bodies and four lenses.  I now have 5 35mm SLRs, a P&S, a DSLR
(it's actually my wife's, but I paid for it!), 12 lenses and a
teleconverter.  Run away while your sanity and wallet are still
intact!

In all seriousness, the list is great.  I've met some wonderful folks
(online and in person).  Welcome aboard.

> Hi Mike,
> Welcome to the list. Now that you're here you'll soon find that your
> expensive hobby has become even more expensive. We're known for enablement.
> We'll help you talk yourself into buying all manner of Pentax toys. It's a
> free (in one sense of the word) perk that comes with list membership.
> Seriously, I'll look forward to seeing some of your photos.
> Paul Stenquist
> From: "Mike Dausin (PDML)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > Hello, I've been lurking on the list for a week or two and thought it
> > was about time I introduce myself. (I actually sent a message once
> > already, but it doesn't look like it made it.  So forgive me if you get
> > this message twice)
> >
> > My name is Mike Dausin and I am a computer security engineer from the
> > Austin Texas area.  I can't quite remember what got me into photography
> > but I can say this is by far the most fun/interesting/challenging hobby
> > I've have (also the most expensive, but who's counting?) I mostly take
> > landscape shots, which gives me a great excuse to go travel.  But if I'm
> > not on the road I try to take abstract photos in my house.
> >
> > I've flirted with owning a Pentax for several years, but I've only just
> > now taken the plunge (with a K10.) This is a superb camera. But right
> > now I'm more surprised at the size of the Pentax Community.  I think
> > I've seen 2,000 e-mails on this list in just over a week!  It's good to
> > know that I'm not the only one out there that isn't shooting CanoNikon.
> >
> > In any case, I look forward to talking with you all soon!
> >
> > Thanks
> >   Mike Dausin
> >

> > Obligatory photoblog link: http://www.one-blind-eye.com
> > <http://www.one-blind-eye.com/>