This comet is something!

Too bad I was too busy to do anything about it, even not seeing it
with my eyes :-(.

Now it's your turn southerners, and it seems even more gorgeous there...

BTW, I *could* spot the moon and Venus on this one :-).

Unfortunately, the distance between the comet and the moon reduces the
impact of the image, but there isn't much one can do about it (I don't
want to hear the word "Photoshop" in this context, you've all been
warned! :-) ).

The other one is nice, but definitely lacks a foreground (as a
background is out of the question ;-) ).

That was the tricky part for me: finding a good landscape, where I
could place something interesting as close to the moon as possible,
and that had to be near the horizon and rather far so I could use a
telephoto lens to "enlarge" the moon...

But no comet, I have to concede ;-)

Next time this kind of event arises, I hope to warn the list earlier.
This is a fun challenge for any landscape photographer and I'm sure a
bunch of great pictures would come up from the list!

Thanks for viewing and sharing.

Patrice