Mark;

I use a Bogen 3055 for my 35mm for nature/wildlife photography.  My longest
lens is a 300mm with a 2x multiplier.  I've had to add a metal plate to part
of the quick release plate that catches the base of the camera to prevent it
from rotating when I shoot verticals.  Even then the 3055 is just not heavy
duty enough and slips.  I'm saving up for a huge studioball with arca-type
quick release. I would suggest you save for something a bit better than the
3055.

Christian Skofteland