I'm not too suprised, but that's very cool.

It's true Preview does not support the DNG's from the
K10D but hopefully it will soon. I can open at least
one of my DNG's in Preview but it shows up very small.
I can't figure out why that one works but none of the
others do (?)

Aperture also doesn't support the K10D but I'm hoping
that all of the K line digi bodies will be supported
in its next release.

-Brendan