On 1/25/07, Mark Roberts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Scott Loveless wrote:
>
> >Has anyone had an opportunity to compare manual focusing on an *istD
> >or K10D vs. a DL or K100D?  I've been playing around with M42 and M
> >lenses on the K100D and find that it's viewfinder is atrocious.  I'm
> >kinda curious as to how the others compare.
>
> The ist-D and K10D have pentaprism viewfinders. I have both these
> cameras and the viewfinders are very good by DSLR standards.
>
> The ist-DL and K100D have pentamirror viewfinders and are not as good.

Thanks, Mark.  That's precisely why I was asking about a comparison.
Manually focusing a lens on the K100D in any but the best light is a
study in frustration.  Otherwise, it's a nice little rig.  As I ponder
the possibility of adding a DSLR to my own kit I'm trying to take into
account my assortment of M and M42 lenses.  Should the D or K10 prove
to have a significantly better viewfinder, that's probably the way
I'll go.

Thanks again!

--
Scott Loveless