On Jan 26, 2007, at 7:32 PM, Barry Rice wrote:

> Indeed! That's it!
>
> But I guess I won't be doing it anytime soon, myself! Alas.
>
> The effect, by the way, is really extraordinary and far beyond what
> you'd
> expect from just using a stopped down ultra-short focus lens. Really
> remarkable.

You can get somewhat similar effects with a tilting lens like those
Canon makes.  Or with the tilt system from Zörkendörfer.

Also, you can buy split close-up lenses that let you focus really
close in the bottom of the frame and at distance in the top.

I've played with all these.  So far as I know there is no exact
equivalent of the Frazier lens for still photography.

Bob