Any thoughts on setting up a computer and printer(s) in a basement
setting that is coldish in winter and dampish in summer.

However i run a dehumidifier in summer and a wood stove in winter.

I know the latter is not that great cause of dust etc.

The only reason i ask is that i had my very first computer, an old
8086, with 20meg HD, in my basement. It would be really hard after a
while to start the thing. Almost as if the hardhrive was freezing up
kind of thing. I f i used the computer every day, it was fine. Sit for
a week and it would take forever.

I also have my old on site computer down here and i notice that
sometimes it freezes on start up, cannot find some file.
Mind you its Win ME and it could be full of dirt from the horse shows.

I'm planing on moving my main PC downstairs soon, and started to wonder.

It does not seem to affect the S800 printer, just wondering about a 2400

Dave

--
Equine Photography
www.caughtinmotion.com