Hi Igor,

On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 11:33:24 -0500 (EST), Igor Roshchin wrote:

>So, I am looking at 18-200 f/3.5-6.3 that are made by Tamron and Sigma.
>Does anybody have any experience with either of them?

I have had the Tamron for about a year now.

Bought it for use on the istD, and was quite dissappointed by
the lousy AF performance. It failed to AF about 50% of the time,
needing really good contrast/much light to succeed.

The image quality was OK (considering the zoom range) with
the expected sofness at the long end, but quite acceptible
for snapshots and hollidays.

I was about to sell it, but found it works a lot better on the K10D
so I might keep it, much for the same reasons you stated ...

Regards, JvW