Paul Stenquist wrote:
> Don't know what's going on here, but grossly underexposed pictures,

I know, but once I found the problem to be seen more clearly when
underexposed, I just left it that way.  Wouldn't this just mimic shadow
areas in a well exposed photo?

> which almost all of these are, will not yield good results. I also

I know, but colored bands?  That just doesn't seem right to me.  I guess
I would be more tolerant of other problems that you might see with film,
this just seems like a defect in the design.  Or maybe I am just old
fashion in my thinking.

> think shooting white with the jpeg bright setting might be somewhat
> of a problem. I think it's possible to generate bad results with any
> camera if one works hard enough to achieve them. Some of my
> underexposed transparencies from my Speed Graphic were real clunkers.

I know, I have had my share of clunkers too, just I understood why in
those cases.

Could someone see if they could reproduce these weird results so I can
stop thinking about sending my new camera back to Colorado?  Do you
think that this is just that banding issue?  Seems like it is happening
in the same conditions.

Dave