On Jan 31, 2007, at 12:24 AM, Peter Lacus wrote:

> ... However I have Pentax utilities stored on a SD card
> right inside my ist-Ds "just in case" as they occupy roughly the space
> of 2 RAW images (PC version) and the conversions are usually very good
> (version 3 based on SilkyPix) and certainly better than in-camera
> JPEGs.  ...

That's a curious strategy ... why would you waste the space on your
camera storage card to have these items there? Do you launch them
directly from the storage card when you're doing an upload to the
computer?

I have all my RAW processing and image manipulation software
installed on both desktop and laptop, there's no need to have a
backup copy on the storage card.