On 02/02/07, Micah Kleit <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> One of the messages that didn't get on the list was a response to a
> question about Pentax's business.  I was wondering about Pentax's
> market share outside of the US; I forgot where I saw it (it may have
> been Pentaxlife.com), but Pentax has a 10% share of the camera market
> in its home market, which seems to be pretty good given their
> competitors.

As of March 2006 digital cameras accounted for 45.3% of Pentax sales,
and at that point Pentax was at the bottom of the markets share
ratings with less than 3% of the worldwide market for digital cameras.
DSLR global market shares for CY2005 put Pentax at 4.7%, Canon 53.3%
and Nikon at 28.3%. Thing are only going to get tougher in the DSLR
market, sales will peak in 2008 and start tailing off in 2009 and
prices will start making competition for market share aggressive, so
anyone on thin margins will suffer badly. Just my opinion of course
;-)

--
Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA