I predict Bill will be the first on the list to purchase a DA* USM
lens. I'll be right there with him if I have the cash. Judging by how
fast these lenses are, their * designation, and their feature set,
they're obviously intended to be high-end equipment. And they're for
reduced image circle. I can't believe anyone would pass on them
simply because they don't support full frame. Perhaps they will
support 1.3 crop, which would be find. But full frame ain't gonna
happen. The cards have already been dealt.
Paul