On 04/02/07, Paul Stenquist <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> It would have to auto crop to 10 t0 12 megapixels to make me and
> other DA lens owners happy.

If Pentax had delivered a 6-8MP body with the functionality of the
K10D but significantly improved noise, DR and sensitivity over the
existing 6MP bodies do you think it would have been the short term hit
that the K10D has?

Do you seriously think that you're getting the best from every pixel
using DA zooms on the 10MP sensor? I don't, let alone the the general
edge unsharpness I've noticed from many of the new WA lenses even the
CA often skews over four plus final image pixels. I'd be far happier
with a larger sensor and some way to effectively use the legacy APS
lenses to provide 6-8MP because really I think that's pretty much the
limit of the image quality that they deliver. Granted my assessments
are based on my one DA lens (which most often attracts rave reviews)
and full res RAW and JPG sample shots from other new DA lenses by
others.

--
Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA