On 07/02/07, jim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Feb 2007 00:22:25 +0100, Patrick Genovese wrote:
>
> I have found that with long exposures, the NR takes a long time to do it's
> thing. almost as long as the exposure itself depending on what shutter speed
> used.
> So I turn NR off for long exposures
> (thanks again Thibouille)

Hopefully it should take as long as the exposure plus a very small
amount of time for processing otherwise it's not working. Dark frame
subtraction (which the integrated NR is) is very effective at reducing
the effect of fixed noise sources but the random noise component will
increase slightly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_frame_subtraction
http://astro.corlan.net/gcx/html/node10.html#SECTION001030000000000000000

--