Interesting.  So effectively if you don't have stuck pixels you will
get less noise with NR of.. A bit of a paradox...

Also i've been doing some tests v/v banding... I'm finding that
underexposed shots really exhibit the problem but if you get a good
exposure and preferable expose as far to the right of the histogram as
possible without blowing the highlights the noise issue almost
disappears completely or at least it can be managed with some noise
reduction in post processing.

Are your experiences similar ?

Regards

Patrick