Hello Amita,

Be glad you didn't send it to Italy.  My experience twice there has
been on the order of a month even with USPS fast delivery (about 1
week or less).  The problem becomes once it leaves the US, the post
office is at the mercy of the other country's mail system.  Some
countries are much better than others.

I feel your pain.

--
Bruce