On Feb 7, 2007, at 12:29 PM, Cotty wrote:

> I sent Parcel Force (UK parcels service, part of Royal Mail) to Italy,
> and it was there in a matter of a couple of days, and remained in the
> Italian system for a further 4 weeks!

The Italian postal system is a joke.  I've sold a number of things on
eBay to Italian buyers and it is always the same.  No matter how I
send it, it takes months.  I now advise Italian buyers of this before
they pay and tell them if they buy they are not to bother me for two
months if they don't get their item.  I always use a service that can
be tracked, and the parcel is always turned over to the Italian
postal system in a few days.  Where it goes after that for a month or
two is not my concern.

Under international shipping tariffs, title to the goods passes to
the buyer when I hand the package across the counter at the Post Office.

Bob