----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: OT: Pogue debunks the megapixel myth. Somewhat

> You're probably right, Cotty. But I think the Durst Lambda is reasonably
> high res. I imagine that what Pogue means is that the files were sized at
> 400 DPI for printing. I suspect the printer prints at much higher res than
> that. But it is a laser printer that's designed for pro labs. I don't know
> how it compares to the best inkjets in terms of detail and resolution.
> Perhaps Wheatfield knows.

The Lambda, providing it is being run at it's highest resolution, is 400
PPI, and runs on the fly pixel interpolation.
This means it doesn't matter what you feed it, it will output 400 PPI.
The wide body inkjets that I am aware of are 360 dpi native resolution. I
wouldn't think the unaided eye will see a difference between the two for
resolution.

William Robb