From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
William Robb
Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2007 6:22 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: NO FS this Friday?

----- Original Message -----
From: "J. C. O'Connell"

> And furthermore, your comments that PENTAX medimum
> format lenses "resolve quite a bit lower than average"
> is horseshit and it only further supports my point
> that generally 35mm lenses resolve better the MedFormat lenses do. A
> few rare exceptions is not "general" situation. The general situation
> is 35mm lenses are sharper than MedFormat lenses especially at a given

> focal length, but even generally the case at given angles of view too.

Right.
As an example, a Hassy 80mm (standard lens) can hit as hight as 107
lpmm,
the 38mm Biogon 106 lpmm.
Contrast that with the Pentax 6x7 105mm lens besting at 67 lpmm, the 45
besting at 66 lpmm.
If this is what you call similar resolution, you have lost what little
mind
you had left.
The 60's were obviously good to you.
BTW, you'll have a hard time besting the Hassy numbers with any 35mm
camera
lens.

Anyway John, I've provided you with hard facts, you can ignore them at
your
leisure, and at this point, I will let the Wookie win.
And you are still a fuckface.

William Robb