In a message dated 2/5/2007 2:32:45 P.M. Pacific  Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Hello,

I've been playing with  some test pictures taken with FA-J 18-35 and this
is the result - my first  B&W  conversion:

http://picasaweb.google.com/placus/Pentax/photo?authkey=3N71J2CknRo#5028174232
879468002

for  comparison the color version is  here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/placus/Pentax/photo?authkey=3N71J2CknRo#5028174941
549071858

BTW:  my opinion about this lens is changing constantly. Some pictures
are  actually very good (mostly in the 30-35mm range) but other are truly
crap.  Apparently my sample focuses past infinity which is at least
clearly visible  in the viewfinder.

Any opinions are  welcome!

Cheers,

Peter

==========
Uh, looks okay,  but I think the top of the church is way too dark (B&W). I
like some detail  in shadows, where appropriate.

That was my first reaction, then when I  looked at the color I wasn't sure
why you added the shadows to the top. You do  realize that it is reversed from
what would be normal? Shadows would be at the  bottom. I think you were going
for mood, but when one reverses a normal  situation one has to be careful. It
will disturb us because it is reversed, but  on the other hand, we will also
question its reality.  All I can say is it  doesn't really work for me. Maybe
if
it had more of a hint of shadows, but right  now it is too dark for me.

Take with a grain of salt, my  .02.

Marnie aka Doe :-)