I like this as well. Again, I didn't see the earlier version.
Excellent detail. I might reduce overall brightness a small amount
and perhaps burn in the light parts of the head. I don't think the
highlights on the head are the result of oversharpening. If it was
oversharpened, we'd be seeing artifacts in other areas.
Paul