What OS are you on? There must be RAW converters that do not strip
out the EXIF data and will output direct to JPEG format. I think the
free version of Silkypix outputs only to JPEG, you might try that.
(Even though I think the UI is abysmal.)

It's just a few days to Lightroom v1.0 release anyway ... ;-)

Godfrey