Before it got cold and snowed here, i played with the manual WB on
green grass for IR balances.
I noticed ,and again it could be me not doing right, that after
shooting the grass with R72 filter on, (15 sec exposure to get s good
reading) it gave me a test shot. I click on the, use whole fram for
balance, and hit ok. When i did that, the next screen went to proper
colour for the scene and gave me a yellow/brown cast instead of
magenta that i got on my istD.

I intend to experiment when the snow goes away, but does this sound
normal for the manual wb.

Dave

On 2/17/07, Paul Stenquist <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> In the studio I shoot AWB and adjust color temp when doing the RAW
> conversion. I can deliver any result I want that way and can adjust
> the temperature and tint precisely. I don't see any reason to fool
> with white balance in the camera.
> Paul
> On Feb 17, 2007, at 8:40 PM, William Robb wrote:

Equine Photography
www.caughtinmotion.com
Ontario Canada