J. C. O'Connell wrote:
> 1. Because you CANT BUY manual focus lenses new anymore and
> they are better for manual focussing if that is your preference.

Incorrect. Voightlander SL, Zeiss ZF and ZS and Nikon AI-S manual focus
lenses are currently available new for 35mm SLR camera mounts.

> 2. Because they are way cheaper for same quality or way better
> for same price or buy way more for same price and quality.

True

> 3. There are way more primes available in M42 than in the current
> pentax AF lineup.

True. heck, that's nearly the case for new glass (Once Carl Zeiss gets
its dsitribuution fully functional).

> 4. See my last post - this would be ideal for people who already
> have a bunch of high quality M42 lenses, those people wouldnt
> need to buy new lenses, they want a new BODY to use what they
> already have.

Or you can use a M42 adaptor, along with other adaptors and get Zeiss,
Leitz, Nikkor, Zuiko, Asahi Pentax and more glass working on the same
(EOS) body, with some mild usability restrictions (Stop-down metering)
and your pick of formats (35mm Full Frame, 1.3x crop, 1.6x crop).

> 5. and "scouring ebay" is not that much different than buying
> new online with the search engines they have.

True, as long as you pay attention to the seller (Same goes for online
stores though).

> jco

-Adam