> From: "J. C. O'Connell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: 2007/02/21 Wed AM 12:41:27 GMT
> To: "'Pentax-Discuss Mail List'" <pdml@pdml.net>
> Subject: RE: 85mm f1.8 SMCT on ebay :  $400+
>
> An M42 DSLR would not be old technology would it?
> The whole purpose of one would be to use the millions
> of quality M42 lenses in existance with the highest
> degree of technology possible with those lenses. I dont
> think that any new M42 lenses need to be produced, or that
> AF or lack of it, really matters whatsoever. Its to utilize the old
> manual focus M42 lensess already in existance. I do think
> it will happen eventually, because eventually the entire
> 35mm and smaller SLR formats will be nearly all digital and there
> are just way too many good auto aperture M42 lenses to ignore forever.

The possibility is probably negligible until the technology has matured into
something that is as good as 35mm in all respects.  As it stands, you can make
a passable print and view good images onscreen.  Once projection capabilities
and some of the lost subtleties and capabilities of film are dealt with, it
might be worth making an M42DSLR because you can capture the largest share of a
small market.