I expect that there's a digital Cosina in the wings already.  Maybe in
collaboration with Epson.  If they build it to the quality
specifications of the Bessaflex they could probably ask $2000, with no
better sensor than the one that's in the Canon 400, Pentax K10, Nikon
D80, Sony A100 at a much lower level of electronic sophistication.
Heck it would probably be selling point to have to cock the shutter with
a wind lever like the RD-1.