Hi!

> On Feb 21, 2007, at 8:01 AM, Boris Liberman wrote:
>> Godfrey, there was a smiley attached to this. So that it was a
>> jokingly ironic remark. I apologize if I offended you in any way.
>
> Apology accepted. Your remark read like a put-down, the smiley became
> a smirk or sneer.

Hmmm, well, I shall be more careful next time. That's this whole problem
on the net even with the smileys. Somehow I am certain that if you and I
were talking in person, you would most probably see that I meant no such
thing.

>> ... However, personally I view these things as certain kind of
>> accessories that I use only for photography. Thus I try to minimize
>> the effort and investment I spend on these things.  ...
>
> Different priorities. The way that reads is 'these accessories used
> only for photography aren't really worth all that much to me, as
> photography is just my hobby, so I don't want to waste my money on
> them.' Fair enough, if that's what you mean.

Yes, that's exactly what I mean. I'd rather spend money on something
else related to photography such as a lens or a print of my photos or a
photography book.

> Photography is my work, so I rank these tools as somewhat higher
> priority and look carefully at what nets me the best advantages.
> Right now, I see little need to reinvest in more/newer/larger
> capacity cards and accessory storage devices because my need for them
> is small and there's a modest but non-trivial cost associated. Others
> feel differently ... they want four and eight G storage cards ... and
> new tools to utilize them are important.

That is understandable as well. It also depends on what you shoot.
People who shoot sports I believe would always want to have the biggest
cards (by GB count) and the fastest too. I seem to be able to live with
a single 1 GB Ultra III card though I am looking now to buy another,
either 1 GB or 2 GB in size depending on the price and availability and
that unpleasant encounter with fake cards I had.

Cheers!

Boris