> I, for one, would be willing to pay a local camera store more, for
> service.
Me too.
When I was shopping for my 300mm f4.5 FA several years ago, the local camera
store didn't have one. They didn't carry much of anything out of the ordinal
for Pentax. Canon & Nikon - yes. They said they'd order one for me if I paid
them up front before it came in. Fine. When I asked what their return policy
was they informed me that I would get a full refund if I wasn't satisfied -
in store credit! Needless to say I didn't purchase it there. Got it from B+H
instead, significantly less cost.

Kenneth Waller