From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
P. J. Alling
Sent: Friday, 23 February 2007 2:13 AM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: 85mm f1.8 SMCT on ebay : $400+

I doubt that was the case of the Epson RD-1, or any Voightlander Bessa
film model for that matter as they were aimed directly at the existing
Leica s and l lens base.  I doubt that Cosina doesn't at least break
even, (cover R&D, all manufacturing costs and return on investment),  on

every unit sold.  They have to  or they wouldn't stay in business  for
long.