On Feb 24, 2007, at 2:14 PM, graywolf wrote:

> However, manually changing it resulted in a smaller, but otherwise
> deteriorated jpeg. At the moment it seems the problem has to do
> with the
> files being 16bit, although it had not seemed to matter in the past.

Pro Photo RGB is an absolutely huge colour space which is likely to
cause trouble whenever 8-bit files get involved.  I wonder if there's
something funny going on when SFW does its conversion to 8-bit to
save as jpg.  It may be doing some calculations in 8-bit mode when it
would be better off doing them in 16-bit.

I would definitely advise against saving a jpg from a Pro Photo file
without converting to sRGB first.

- Dave