Thanks for the feedback.

What I have at the moment is a Pentax DA 40mm 2.8  in about new
condition w/ box that I would like to convert into an Pentax autofocus
50mm prime, either a 1.7 or 1.4, or another good fast 28mm prime of some
sort, with appropriate cash and/or other items in the mix as needed.

I know that fast AF 50s are pretty hot and hard to find, but if anybody
has one they would like to trade out for the little pancake, please
email me. It just is not fast enough and/or wide enough for what I am
trying to do, but it is a sweet little lens.