On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 04:42:15PM -0500, graywolf wrote:
> In your list of considerations you left out rental availability. Very
> important for the things you use so seldom that buying is not sensible,
> and when you need a substitute because yours is in the shop.

To my mind that is *the* big consideration for "professional" use;
is addtional and/or replacement gear readily available when your own
equipment is unavailable or inadequate.

Canon win, hands down, for the sports shooter; it's easy to rent those
big lenses in any major city, and at all major events Canon show up with
a truckload of free loaner gear (and technicians to service your stuff,
free of charge).