> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Date: 2007/02/27 Tue AM 09:29:19 GMT
> To: pdml@pdml.net
> Subject: Opinions of DA 50-200mm???
>
> I am thinking of getting the DA 50-200mm.  Especially since there is a rebate
> going until March 27th.
>
> I know it is  what one would call a "consumer zoom," so I am wondering
> whether it is really  worth it. Soft at some focal length, at some aperture?
> What is
> your opinion of  it, if you have it?

Slow, light, slow, well built for its weight, slow, covers 35mm, slow.  I may
have a defective example, as I am not satisfied with the sharpness of what
results.  This may, however, be more a funtion of its light weight and (did I
mention?) slowness encouraging inappropriate use.  FWIW, I find the A70-210 to
be much sharper.