On Sun, 30 Sep 2001 10:13:42 -0500, Richard Seaman wrote:

>    If I've misunderstood the rubber stamp tool, will someone please tell me
>how it should be used?

On the PC platform, you select an origin (place to clone FROM) by clicking the
left mouse button (LMB) with the <Alt> key down, the clone once with each next
LMB click.
On each clone action you will see a small cross-cursor at the origin of that clone.
The clone origin moves with mouse movements, and stays at the same relative
position to the mouse cursor.

Note that if you 'drag' during cloning (move mouse with LMB pressed), the cloning
will follow over the line you travel with the mouse. This way you can clone a whole
line pretty fast.

However, the pixels clones are in the state they had when STARTING
that clone line (pressing LMB). This leads to surprises when your 'origin'  travels
over a spot that has just been cloned in the same 'drag'.
You will see 'old pixels' appearing there ...

Regards, JvW