Paul Stenquist wrote:
> Absolutely not. On the first, the popup (or any flash) would create a
> white hole in the first few rows of the crowd. With the second shot, it
> would do nothing save perhaps create an unpleasant glow if there is
> mist or smoke in the air.

That's what I though, more or less.

The point was that I observed many people, including some with what
looked like real cameras (if you know what I mean) using the popup flash
on this event. I immediately labelled them as "clueless", of course, and
was a bit tempted to ask why exactly they wanted to use the flash. But I
also started thinking, "maybe I'm the one who has missed something..."

- Toralf