ann sanfedele wrote:

>Mark Roberts wrote:
>
>>K.Takeshita wrote:
>>
>>>Despite the argument that pop-ups are useless and pro-gears
>>>should not have them etc, I think it's useful if you know when to
>>>use it.
>>
>>You bet. When hiking trails with a full pack of camping gear, I usually
>>don't pack a flash as well :)
>>...or if I do it's often to inconvenient to get at quickly. Here's a
>>shot that used the pop-up flash for fill:
>>http://www.robertstech.com/pages/gfm_14.htm
>>
>woo woo - I love that shot, Mark !
>I agree about the pop-up sometimes being useful... though I use it
rarely

Thanks, Ann! That shot was taken way out on the Grandfather Mountain
ridge trail in the rain, using my ist-D and the cheap FA-J 18-35 zoom I
borrowed from Bill Owens for the hike. The lens itself was large enough
to block the flash from the lower part of the picture. I solved this
problem by holding the camera upside-down :)