Hi,

Monday, October 01, 2001, 9:47:38 AM, you wrote:

>>. A serious thief
>> would need to have x-rayed it to know the contents, and to have some
>> fairly serious equipment to get inside.

> They would just steal the case....

quite possibly, but there's nothing I can do to prevent that. The best
I can do is make it as difficult as possible. If they don't know
what's in the case, and it's difficult to open, then the chances of it
being stolen are reduced. In a scruffy grey Pelican case it's as
likely to be some deadly dull piece of engineering equipment,
impossible to sell and useless to the thief, as it is to be cameras or
other desirables.

>> I've always taken my film on as hand baggage, so that could cause
>> difficulties if hand baggage is banned internationally, but I think
>> that is highly unlikely to happen, although I'm sure they will
>> drastically reduce the size of carry-on bags.

> Only take as much film as you can fit in your pocket....

Not good enough. I habitually travel with 100+ rolls of film and
travel for weeks or months in places where decent film is effectively
unobtainable. Professional photographers take several hundred rolls at
a time.

---

 Bob

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]