On 5/3/07, K.Takeshita, discombobulated, unleashed:

>Isn't this useful for you guys, PJ/VJ?
>Raise the camera above your head, compose/AF with live view.
>I used to have a G3 which had a swivel monitor and I used it a lot.

Well, I appreciate the sentiment, but I am neither of those. I'm a
cameraman, and filming at odd angles is fairly easy with the camera I
use, the viewfinder can be used with the eye resting on the rubber
surround, or at a distance with two eyes, seeing the whole frame.
However, I don't take stills professionally at all - I simply like a
fold out LCD to allow for candids by looking down into the LCD as
opposed to looking through the viewfinder. It's the only time I compose
on an LCD. I have a Canon G2 and a Pen tax 750Z with such screens, and
very useful they are. They also have a brilliant built-in byproduct: you
can fold the screens back into place with the LCD facing the camera,
leaving a plain surface exposed on the back of the camera. This is the
best protection for the LCD I have seen. I always fold the LCD this way
when not in use, which is when I am not looking at it.
--

Cheers,
  Cotty

___/\__