Hi Maris:
Thank you very much for your comments!
As it happens, the shot was not sharpened at all!  I did have to use the magic
wand tool in Photoshop to adjust the levels of the cliff behind the breaker, so
that the edge contrast there is higher than normal.  The only other adjustment
was despeckling, which tends to eliminate artefacts from the scanning process,
and may in fact reduce the overall apparent sharpness.

John Coyle
Brisbane, Australia

On Tuesday, October 02, 2001 1:56 PM, Maris V. Lidaka, Sr.
[SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] wrote:
> The October gallery is, without exception, excellent.  Special comments:

<SNIP>

> John Coyle - "Water Power" - a powerful shot!  (Oversharpened IMHO)

<SNIP>