On Mar 9, 2007, at 12:55 AM, John Whittingham wrote:

>>> ... So just get yourself the FA 28mm f/2.8.
>>
> ..I've seen a few go on the dreaded auction site recently here in
> the UK, I got
> chance yesterday to use it for the first time on the K10D, it
> usualy gets
> left at home because of the Tamron 28-75. I can clearly see why you
> like this
> lens Godfrey, I'm very pleased with the performance especially the
> flat field
> characteristics, even at the closest focusing distance. Here's a
> sample shot
> of one of the lenses I'm selling:
>
> http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=5697523&size=lg

Yes, an excellent performer. It would be great if Pentax would just
fit it with a DA lens mount. (Same for the FA43 Limited.) I'd buy
these two lense again if they did that, although I'd prefer an 28mm f/
2 replacement.

Meanwhile, the FA28/2.8 and FA43/1.9 have replaced the use of the
FA35/2 and FA50/1.4 in my lens kit.

Godfrey