Christian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> WARNING!  CONSPIRACY THEORY BELOW
>
> So apparently, when Americans have an extra hour of daylight after work
> they like to shop.  The US chamber of commerce is a huge proponent for
> changing DST to an earlier date.  [...]

Can you really call it a "conspiracy theory" when the proponents
haven't been terribly secretive about it?  (When the candy
manufacturers' lobby left candy pumpkins on lawmakers' chairs
to remind them that extending DST past Hallowe'en would help
them sell more candy, that wasn't exactly subtle ... even if
these aren't the arguments they're making in the mass media.)

And as I said upthread, I've started calling it Daylight Spending
Time for that reason.

Though you may have something with the current administration's
connections to big oil.  That may well have been a factor in this
having passed when it did, rather than other times it was proposed.

                                        -- Glenn