Thanks. I had a lot of fun out on the street today.

Ford? An empty cab pulled up, and Bill Ford Junior got out. Seriously,
I think there was a lot of mismanagement. But that happens to a lot of
companies. When I went to work for a Ford supplier, I knew the company
was in big trouble. Overall, what happened to Ford is the same thing
that has happened to all US automakers: The United Autoworkers
contracts. The health care and retirement commitments of the US
automakers are way more costly than what the foreign competition has to
deal with. Now that the jobs are going away, the UAW is finally getting
the message, but it's going to be a long haul back to a level playing
field. As far as I'm concerned, I worked for a Ford supplier. ( In
recent years. Over the long haul, I've worked for suppliers to most of
the major automakers.) But when a company is hurting, they tighten the
clamps on the suppliers. In the ad business, we make good money but we
have none of the contract protection that automaker employees enjoy.
When the hammer drops, we're gone. But I've had a good run. I made more
than seventy commercials for half a dozen car companies, and there were
some good dollars involved. I used a lot of it to put four kids through
college (about half a million US just for that), but I have a lot of
energy left. I'll  hook up with someone. And I'm still trying to find a
publisher for my novel. Anyone know a good literary agent?